This week we're going to hear from five readers on the topic of inspiration. Today it's Gisele's turn:
What Inspires You?
1) Open Eyes - I am inspired by patterns, colors and textures that I see in the world. The pattern of houses and trees I see out my office window from 32 floors up. The texture of cracking cement as I walk, the color combinations in flowers. If I am paying attention I can see beautiful things everywhere.
2) Silence. Sometimes I'll spend half of my lunch hour just staring out the window. Then I spend the other half with my sketchbook or needle and floss. Stillness is good for the soul.
3) Other people. I read an embarassingly large number of blogs everyday. People out there are doing really creative, amazing things. Feed off of each other.
4) Need. Necessity is the mother of invention. Many of the things I make are for other people. Things just turn out better when you have a specific person and purpose in mind.
5) Materials - Gather your materials. Put them beside each other, feel them in your hands and see what emerges. I had some green peridot beads I wanted to try to use. In my hand they looked like perfect little peas, and the pea pod was born.
6) Books. I love the feel of the pages, squinting closeup at the pictures and reading pages out of order (I'm told that's genetic).
Your words, links & photos are all inspiring. Thank you, Gisele!