Yesterday on NPR's Talk of the Nation, a caller wondered if men are more likely to write Top Ten lists than women. Huh? I immediately began compiling a list in my head...creative highlights of 2011 (admittedly, in no particular order):
1. India Flint exhibit at the Katherine Nash Gallery in Minneapolis.
2. Re-reading The Creative Habit by Twyla Tharp. (And the many notable stitching/craft/DIY books published this year.)
3. Learning to dye (and drape and felt and discharge).
4. Jane Dunnewold's lecture at the SDA Conference. You can read it here.
5. My handwriting workshop, Love Your Letters. I am just so glad to have finally put this together, after years of thinking about it.
6. Spoonflower. I've had my artwork printed on cotton, linen, knit, silk, and can't wait to show you what I'm working on in 2012. Have you tried it yet?
7. Pinterest. Social media for creatives. Finally.
8. Cleaning out my closet. Is this who I really want to be?
9. Whittling down my Style Statement.
Quite a year, and I'm sure I could add another top ten list of honorable mentions. I would love to hear what inspired you this year!